The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is conducted to help people study, migrate, or work in a country which has English as their native language, such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA.
IELTS does not have any pass or fail scores. Test results are announced in band scores from the lowest of 1.0 to the highest of 9.0 in half band increments.
An overall band score, as well as individual band scores for each test section, namely, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking, are received by the candidate.
Age limit for IELTS Exam 2022
No guidelines have been issued regarding the age of the test takers. There is no upper age limit set for the candidate to be eligible for IELTS test.
Irrespective of age, gender, race, nationality, or religion, everyone is eligible for the IELTS test. However, it is not recommended for candidates below 16 years of age.
Syllabus for IELTS Exam 2022
Four compulsory sections – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking – are included in the IELTS syllabus. Both IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic have the same IELTS syllabus for the listening and reading sections.
However, the speaking and listening sections will vary in terms of test content.
Note: Only students from African countries are not required to provide their IELTS scores.
Best IELTS books to help in IELTS preparation
|IELTS Books||Key Positives|
|The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS||1. Easy to implement the strategy
2. Covers all the sections of the IELTS exam 2022
3. Eight full-length sample papers or practice papers with detailed answers
4. A Digital Video Disk (DVD) to help you with the speaking and listening tests
|Barron’s IELTS Superpack||1. Super detailed and comprehensive
2. Comes with 2 CDs for the ones who are not in the mood to read but can spare time to listen
3. Worth the time and money
|Simone Braverman’s Target Band 7||1. Clear and to-the-point information
2. Less time, more effective preparation approach
3. Written by someone who has taken the same path in the past
|IELTS Practice Tests Plus 2 with Key and Compact Disk (CD) Pack||1. More insights on simple strategies
2. Annotations and clear explanations
3. Easy task-solving solutions
4. Suitable for people who feel that time is a significant constraint
|Cambridge IELTS 15 Academic Student’s Book with Answers||1. Lots of detailed information
2. Detailed explanation to every given answer
3. Invaluable tips and techniques
|Road to IELTS||1. More practical learning exposure
2. Access to some excellent practice exams
3. Free features available, apart from the full paid version
4. Classroom-type preparation and self-study
|IELTS Trainer||1. Audio CDs for improving listening
2. Complete answers and tips on how-to answer
3. Good examples on writing, speaking, and listening tasks
4. Mistakes that can be made by candidates in the exam are pointed out
5. Guidance on how to write answers for different types of questions
|Mometrix IELTS Book for General Training and Academic 2021 –22||1. Covers all the main areas of the IELTS
2. Very inexpensive
3. Full review of the IELTS test sections
4. Practice papers with well-explained answers
5. Step-by-step video tutorials
|Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS||1. Range of vocabulary
2. Useful for both IELTS Academic and General
|Focus on IELTS Foundation: Foundation Coursebook||1. CD for your convenient reference
2. Language reference for requirements outside of IELTS
Best methods to prepare for IELTS exam 2022
- Practice test
- Understand the test format
- Be aware of the exam-time constraints
- Develop English capabilities and IELTS strategies
- Multitask when listening in English
- Develop a wide range of reading skills
- Use appropriate English terms when writing
- Speak with fluency or coherence in direct communication
Check out the more details about IELTS Books 2022 at https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/exams/ielts/best-books-and-resources